Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I believe in being honest about life and not sugar coating the realities of this world, and my reality is that teaching is HARD. When I was watching teachers as a kid or even when I was student teaching, I had no idea of the realities that exist for teachers. The responsibility and weight of each child's education weighs heavily on the hearts of teachers every single day.

Today, I felt like a bad teacher. Sometimes, I can't fix things. I can't make kids chill out and I can't make kids stop melting down. I feel like, as a special education teacher, there is a certain idea that I have a more in-depth knowledge of students and their behavior. Of course I understand kids on a different level, but I still can't always find the magic words to make it all better.

Basically, I felt like a failure today because I could not work the magic and I could not fix all the problems.

Tomorrow will be better.

I will remember why I love teaching.

My kids will remember why they love me.

It will all be good.

And if not, Spring Break is in 2 days.

No comments: