Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today my Mom and I attended the Rocky Mountain Women's Film Fest...

I was impacted. It makes me wonder when we will care enough to change things. We will care about the water crisis in other countries when we turn on the tap and nothing comes out? Will we care about mass killings when the divide in our nation becomes so vast and hatred so clear? When will we decide that this world is not made up of individuals, God did not intend for the individual good. The world is made of a community of people, who while we don't see it, share a common interest in our survival and in our journey's.

A very smart woman once told me that my story was not my own... but rather a story that intersects and crosses with the stories of thousands of other people, whose stories are in-turn mingled with those of thousands and so on. The world is a web and the sooner we realize that the better for everyone. Forget profit, forget greed, someday we may have nothing left to show for our time here because we were too greedy with what God gave us.

It has been a few years since I came out of my bubble and realized that the world is so messed up. How can I be salt and and light when people think that all I care about are the current stock issues and not the true problems that plague America and the world. Today, and everyday I care. I am passionate and desirous to change the world through whatever means necessary.

No comments: